Just another walk

Sweat rolls down my forehead like a miniscule distorted bubble making its way through my cheek, and tumbling down the side of my neck. Off late, the sky has been suffering from a serious kidney problem, it is dehydrated and drizzling all the time. I advised it to stay on a strict cloud diet last night before I had a conversation with Grandma. She turned seventy yesterday and twinkled a lot more brightly than all the other stars when I was the first one to wish her "Happy Birthday".

The cigarette butts on the road are covered in mud and dirt. The air in my neighbourhood has been passive smoking to channelize its frustration in the form of pollution. A cat needs to cross the road and so do I. We are both in a hurry. I let it go first because I am a huge fan of the way it walks with its head and tail held high and carries itself with utmost dignity. The entire cat clan has a fangirl for life.

I am walking on the road, and the city is pushed into a hollow of chaos and heartbreaks. There is a middle-aged man having a sound sleep beneath the bench at the bus stop. His shirt is partially torn and he is oblivious to a young traveller arguing with her mother over the phone.

I am on my way back home. It has started raining heavily and the wind is fairly strong. I open my umbrella only to learn that the umbrella and my life are twinning in terms of functioning carelessly. I quickly run inside a shop nearby and buy a chocolate. I have a temporary roof over my head and my out of the blue craving for chocolate is being taken good care of.

The cat I met a while ago must have found a place to skip taking a natural body shower today. The man at the bus stop would have woken up from his nap to find a plate of rice soaked in water. The young traveller would have made peace with her mother or her mother would have given into her daughter's  deceptive charm of emotional blackmailing.

The sky has followed my advise and I predict that it is planning to go out on a blind date with the sun tomorrow.

It is a happening world.

©songbriti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glimmer of Hope

Ways for Quacks to hide their scams related to mental healthcare on social media:

Ways to earn money for quacks in mental healthcare: