Musing Over and Over

Clenched by confusion, you stood there in between commas that surfeited on the discarded shards of full stops. The thread-like blue rivulet cluelessly flowed in all directions of the ivory white bank and besmirched it.

What led to your failed condition? My dwindling interest in you which blew out in the dead of the night or my growing temptation to explore the next marvelous beauty I've been trying to understand for months? Just as I couldn't take my mind off you, I feel drawn to it too. The only difference is I left you without giving you a closure and I have nearly been ungrateful.

The silver nib dragged you to the edge of the cliff and pushed you to a baffling end on my command. To make you feel slightly better, I choose to disclose to you that I put many before you at rest to make space for the new ones. I run out of peace by some deaths because they were dear to me and I also cold-heartedly leave many like you to decay.

I shall pay you a visit sometime if you wish. After all, I have written that lovely haiku, a number of romantic free verses and this accidental and self-proclaimed short thriller story because of you.

©songbriti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glimmer of Hope

Ways for Quacks to hide their scams related to mental healthcare on social media:

Ways to earn money for quacks in mental healthcare: