Dismissed with Prejudice

You teach me the alphabetical order
and judge me by my rank order,
You teach me the value of money
and judge me by my bank balance,
You teach me how to look fair
and judge me by my complexion,
You teach me to compete
and judge my potential by comparing my success rate to thy neighbour's children,
You teach me to marry someone who is at par with our family's status
and judge him by his surname and socioeconomic prominence.
Then one fine day during an eclipse,
you tell me all of this doesn't matter... doesn't matter really? 
You tell me the most important thing is to be a good human being,
You tell me and I passively listen
because you have been teaching me to function accordingly,
but is it not too late to teach me the most valuable lesson?

©songbriti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glimmer of Hope

Ways for Quacks to hide their scams related to mental healthcare on social media:

Ways to earn money for quacks in mental healthcare: