How I made peace with self-isolation?

Socializing is a component that is a partially gold and partially silver member if not a platinum member in an ambivert's circle. As much as I enjoy entertaining my family and friends with politically incorrect jokes, I also love talking to myself, loud and clear in my room. 

I have a soft corner for books. Last Christmas, I was gifted an e-book device (on my demand of course). The only child is pampered for the better sometimes, isn't she Santa? There are a list of books queued in a disciplined way on my Kindle's shelf to unveil their voices to me and I am delighted to give them all the attention I can during this free time.

The question of making peace with self-isolation is not applicable to me because I am my best company and solitude is more than invited. How difficult is it anyway to stay indoors and do what you haven't had the time to do in a while? First off, family time specially with my furry brother is saving coins of happiness because none of us can practically figure out what is up or down with the future.

I am not running behind size zero. I love Rosogolla and Red Velvet cake. I kid you not when I tell you they take me close to heaven but I have welcomed yoga and meditation to keep my health decently wealthy. Putting muscles to work and relaxing them. One hour out of twenty four hours, not too much to ask for. I can sit idle or scroll through social media and say "It's my choice" but then my immune system could retaliate by not defending me and retiring from a commando's post.

I have my personal kit of mess, issues, problems and crap. On specific days it is as stinky as the public toilets in my country and one of the best ways to sanitize my mind is by self-reflection. This magical sanitizer has documented the sanity of my mental health. Self-isolation is giving us enough space to take care of our mental and physical health. 

The coronavirus has the caliber to fly away with our bucket lists and sweet dreams if we don't self-isolate ourselves. To be able to make the most of life, we have to be alive first! I am absolutely peaceful in self-isolation. Hell can wait because I have other plans with Mother Earth and a whole lot of writing to do. 

Clap your hands, ring bells, blow a conch but don't be an irresponsible citizen and be safe. 

©songbriti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glimmer of Hope

Ways for Quacks to hide their scams related to mental healthcare on social media:

Ways to earn money for quacks in mental healthcare: