A Second Time

Love, relationships and the humungous trunk of commitment which you have to pay for if you fail. One second, did I use the words "humungous" and "trunk" just like that? I should be highlighting it with an imaginary red highlighter pen.

I can smell fear vividly. Eww, it stinks and it is sickening. My phobia is tiptoeing and gaining access to my amygdala. This is a serious case of trespassing and has been happening subsequently after my first melodramatic break-up. The attractive butterflies which tickled my stomach when I fell in love; died colourless after we parted ways. Who is going to pay for the damage caused? Me. Yes, I am generous that way. I am right here paying for the ultra smart nature of my hormones.

In the first place, I absolutely had no problem in leading a solitary life. I had even planned a solo trip to SuperShe Island in Finland!

I did not have to bungee jump into love and experience an adrenaline rush. I invited trouble over for dinner and belly danced to make it feel at home.

I am taking my amygdala for a permanent treatment. I am going to bungee jump again. You heard that right. This time I am going to free-fall into solitude and enjoy the thrill of it for the rest of my life.

©songbriti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glimmer of Hope

Ways for Quacks to hide their scams related to mental healthcare on social media:

Ways to earn money for quacks in mental healthcare: