A Letter to Temporary

Dear Temporary,

I see you standing on a pedestal with an hourglass covering the nudity of your inconsistency. The sand is smudged all over you with fine particles giving out miniature forms of what is apparently perceived to be in control and how it will dissolve into the sphere of nothingness as the Earth orbits the Sun complaining about the loss of equilibrium humans have in their lives due to their probable stupidity of leaning on expectations that will collapse sooner than a rainbow is lost to sight.

I hate to admit that although you come with a cautionary tattoo on your forehead, I cannot accept you for who you are. Why do you have to be so despicable by reminding me of your iffy trait? Whenever I sense your touch upon my relationships I run away without giving closure to any of them. I run so fast that when I stop I do not even feel that anything ever existed in the first place.

“Out of sight is out of mind.” Is it really so? The fear of loss terrifies me so bad that I push relationships that are close to my heart into the pyre as being susceptible to pain is not an option I have considered. I keep resisting myself from the fleeting moment of paradise you offer me. I could be starving but I shall not take a bite of the forbidden fruit that will grow thorns and thistles inside me and leave me to crawl on my belly until I return to the ground as dust.

Reply not to this letter of mine, for I will be gone before your treacherous fangs poison me.

-Songbriti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glimmer of Hope

Ways for Quacks to hide their scams related to mental healthcare on social media:

Ways to earn money for quacks in mental healthcare: