Normal

"Am I normal?"
Mmmm..."Are you normal?"
Validation, yeah?
In a world where the number of fucks traded between two or more individuals is directly proportional to the profits obtained by them,
what are you searching for again?

Just a second,
I have a burning sensation in my throat which is running a marathon till my gut.
Munched on some homegrown chillies before I got here,
a form of rawness and amateurish language flows out of my tongue
and damn, I have not been taking those pills of euphemism.

Anyway, you were asking…
"Am I normal?"
Mmmm…"Are you normal?"
Fighting a battle in silence for years,
switching between laughter in the daylight and sleeping on tear stained pillows with eyes staring at the ceiling blankly till the sun says "knock knock"…

In a society where stigmatizing mental illness and chanting slogans of "Oh it is all in your mind" is not questioned and left to brew ignorance and insensitivity,
You are way too strong to be a part of the glorified scam of being normal.

©songbriti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glimmer of Hope

Ways for Quacks to hide their scams related to mental healthcare on social media:

Ways to earn money for quacks in mental healthcare: