Space

If it wasn't for humour, 
I would have collapsed 
in planets
I had never been to 
or didn't want to go to. 
They say, "You're funny."
A compliment?
"Thank you! 
I take that as an accurate interpretation."
Un-funny is feeling caught up
in a rigid stiletto of customs,
where my wings wonder
if the stadium for laughter
is passively occupied
with a poorly attempted punchline.
Seriously, serious is not my aptitude.
I mean I did try cracking it like a joke
but the ball bounced out of my court.
It's like chewing neem leaves
early in the morning.
The bitterness doesn't go 
even when the leaves have fallen
into the lap of your stomach.
You hunt for some sweetness
as the lioness whose claws 
have given up on dependence.
Do I get a reserved seat 
in the Happy-go-lucky department?
They wouldn't select me,
I can't jump around with dopamine
when I want to cry
while performing a parody
on Trouble's insult comedy.
I am funny, 
but my sense of humour 
doesn't bully my tears
and my tears 
don't revolt against the citizenship
of funny bones in my system.
Coexistence is a sport they practice.

©songbriti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glimmer of Hope

Ways for Quacks to hide their scams related to mental healthcare on social media:

Ways to earn money for quacks in mental healthcare: