The Warmth of Therapy

The session began at 8 pm. You shared about how the day has been and the highlight I listen to is that you haven't had the time to eat any meal throughout the day. I can see the exhausted look on your face right through the screen and I know how distracting hunger can be. 

"Please go and eat something and we will reconnect in a few minutes."

The word empathy is an action that you practice in the healthcare industry like an anthem. You have got to memorize it and meditate in its rhythmic light.

My next session is at 9 pm and this one was already delayed by an hour which means my mini-break between two sessions is cut out. And that's okay because therapy is not just about talking, it is about doing what is the best for the client. 

Therapy books written by renowned professionals who have been kind enough to share their wisdom have taught me a lot and one thing that I understand is experiences like these help you grow as a human being. 

As your therapist when I ask you to take care of your health, I mean it. When I ensure you we are a team, I want to be a teammate who doesn't compromise on the alliance.

Therapy is as flexible as water and I am here to help you help your mind and body stay well-hydrated. 

©songbriti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glimmer of Hope

Ways for Quacks to hide their scams related to mental healthcare on social media:

Ways to earn money for quacks in mental healthcare: