Unplugged

Someone observed my behaviour and drew a conclusion that I have forgotten to love myself. A friend of mine read a short story that I wrote yesterday and understood that I am comfortably numb. Being numb and yet comfortable, what a bizzare condition!

I believed music has the superpower to evoke emotions. I tried healing myself with it last night. Tears were what I required, I wanted music to help my tears flow. Tears that would bring back pain. Pain that would trigger my emotions. Emotions that would make me cry without any hindrance. I forced my heart to feel the music and pain too. I literally begged my eyes to react. How lazy are they I wondered after a couple of hours passed by and they still refused to react whatsoever. It's like they were hell-bent on carrying out something identical to the Non-Cooperation Movement.

The playlist on my phone continued playing some selected songs on loop. What an absolute waste of time it was. Therefore, I unplugged the set of earphones and gave in to my body's order to fall asleep at 2am. A new morning arrived as usual. Yes, as usual and so casually every part of me continues to remain comfortably numb.

Even my stories sound so lifeless these days. " Life happens", human beings claim and so does crap!

©songbriti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glimmer of Hope

Ways for Quacks to hide their scams related to mental healthcare on social media:

Ways to earn money for quacks in mental healthcare: