Choose Life

My mind is flooded with thoughts of existentialism. The thoughts struck my mind when I came across these two words which were printed on my friend's t-shirt- Choose Life.
Our birth is never our choice. The two words which had grabbed my attention had innumerable interpretations. We are born into a society where even the nomads have their own set of norms!
Existentialism claims how the "true essence" of human beings is what holds utmost importance and not the "arbitrary essence" which the society attributes to them. I wonder if "true essence" is a myth or merely two words combined together to evoke an illusion of mystic self-transcendence.
Perhaps, some parts of the puzzle were destroyed ever since life took birth. A million facets expand from one story.  No wonder we have created the concept of "Benefit of Doubt”.

I envision a phase when a catastrophe in the realm of our intellects will deconstruct everything. If only humanity then casts a spell on our conscience, it wouldn’t matter if we “Choose Life” or “Life Chooses Us”.  

©songbriti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glimmer of Hope

Ways for Quacks to hide their scams related to mental healthcare on social media:

Ways to earn money for quacks in mental healthcare: