The Bargain

Whoosh!
And, then-
Like an epidemic,
Blankness spread through my mind.
My blood behaved so calmly,
As though it was imitating the Dead Sea.

My body turned cold.
"It's an emergency", someone yelled.
Lying on the hospital bed,
My eyes were the only ones that reacted,
But, only for a few minutes.

Someone came to visit me.
It was as if heavy rainfall touched my blood,
Stealing away its serenity.
My soul felt marinated with pain.
Every layer of numbness was erased.

He walked towards me,
Held my hands tenderly-
He apologized after a decade.
Death and forgiveness struck a bargain.
I forgave him and death finally took me away.

©songbriti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glimmer of Hope

Ways for Quacks to hide their scams related to mental healthcare on social media:

Ways to earn money for quacks in mental healthcare: