Again

It is an auspicious day for me today. I am supposed to be celebrating Subho Nobo Borsho (Bengali New Year).

This is how my new year begins:
"Nine-year-old girl raped in Surat, body found with 86 injuries."- Hindustan Times.

A country which feels proud about its culture and values has embraced inhumanity today. Where are we going wrong? The fault lies within us. The root of the problem exists in the way we are brought up. I have given up on the law and the system. I urge all the mothers to teach their children the meaning of humanity before asking them to be toppers in school. Empathy has disappeared from our society.

We are an underdeveloped country. A country which cannot protect children, is not developing from any angle. This is not the India our freedom fighters envisioned when they sacrificed their lives for us.

While a part of the nation is celebrating some festival or the other, a child/woman is being raped. India, you render me speechless.

©songbriti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glimmer of Hope

Ways for Quacks to hide their scams related to mental healthcare on social media:

Ways to earn money for quacks in mental healthcare: