The Troubled Paradise

The mountains of Kashmir have been inflicted with the echoes of gunshots and bombs since 1947. The snow melts, the sun rises and sets but the valley remains stained with pain, anger, distrust and is being pelted by the barbarism of terrorists and militants for years now.

I will not claim that I can understand what it feels like to live in a place where there is political unrest everyday. I have not faced any situation even close to the one happening out there in Kashmir. I did not experience the loss of a loved one due to a bullet. I did not shiver feeling terrified about my safety every minute. How can I then say, "I understand."

Ages ago, Emperor Jahangir called this place 'Paradise on Earth'. He was totally right back then. The beauty of the place is impeccable. You could write endless pages describing its charm. But, if he were alive today, he would have been in a fix to find one precise metaphor to describe Kashmir.

Kashmir which is struggling to find its identity and is presently strangulated by absolute crisis.

I am a human being above all. I subscribe to the philosophy of peace and I wish every person on this planet could resonate with it. It does not matter where we live. Peace should be the rainbow lighting up the world with its colourful smile.

"Jannat hai Kashmir, use Jannat banke hi rehne do. Yun tashdud ka zeher uske nas mein na bharo."

(Kashmir is Heaven, let it remain so. Do not fill the poison of violence in its vein).

©songbriti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glimmer of Hope

Ways for Quacks to hide their scams related to mental healthcare on social media:

Ways to earn money for quacks in mental healthcare: