On track

The music played loud, then louder and lastly the loudest it ever could. The train which was at quite a distance a few seconds back came closer and closer, I could see it arriving with speed. 

The train passed by and I was sitting on a bench in the station. Railway stations in my country have seen both journeys and endings. They have seen people running for their livelihood to earn some money and they have seen heartbeats being smashed to death only to rest in a morgue for days or even months till their cremation. 

Accidental deaths are very unfortunate. It leaves the family members of the deceased heartbroken and shocked. But, their lives do go on. Such is life, accept the loss and keep going.

I got up from the bench and walked away to get rid of a child asking me for money. The begging industry is flourishing these days and I did not want to contribute to their success. Yes, I am heartless that way, you can bet on my insensitivity and you will be a millionaire soon.

The parallel shapes of the railway tracks are very metaphorical in nature. They reminded me about my plan to go to a parallel world. Somewhere where I could find a peaceful abode. The music played as loudly as it was and I walked on the railway track waiting to go home. 

One train rushing through me and turning my body into a corpse could have taken me home.

I would leave no note behind. Because I told you, accidents are a mistake and I am certain that no human is perfect. 

©songbriti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glimmer of Hope

Ways for Quacks to hide their scams related to mental healthcare on social media:

Ways to earn money for quacks in mental healthcare: