Capture

I am the captor and the captive dissected into two halves but joined together with stitches that a common man's eyes fail to see. A part of me dreams to be set free and the other holds me like a dead tree using all its dry branches and roots to coil itself around me. It hardens its wholesome grip and I am incarcerated for its sustenance. It is as though its sniffing the air inside me to regrow from where it was declared defunct. It oppresses me and is fanatical about winning the challenge of life. If it loses then hell will break loose. Not that it hasn't already but it would technically pulverize my other half and set it ablaze.

I am the captor and the captive who gave up one life to save another.

©songbriti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glimmer of Hope

Ways for Quacks to hide their scams related to mental healthcare on social media:

Ways to earn money for quacks in mental healthcare: