Deprived

I gaze at a black Lamborghini at the traffic signal with desire in my eyes from the autorickshaw.

"What would it feel like to own one?", I think and start dreaming.

Daydreaming in summer can give you headaches if you don't have an enormous bank balance.

There is an ultimate economic divide in India between the rich and the poor and to think of the situation pragmatically, it will take more than a hundred years if not less to bridge the gap. In between the gap lies the middle class, the group which gets pasted like the mayonnaise in a sandwich. Where security is the only concern and dreams are kept as doormats. Wipe your feet on them and never look back because let us face it, the money we have is limited. This average life is suffocating, and irritating when living becomes a 9-5 affair with bills acting as Wind Chimes. 

Swim with lakhs of others in the same direction. Getting to the shore or not is out of syllabus because all you're swimming for is your security.

Spirituality and the lifestyle of a Sadhvi seems peaceful. I would love to experience that after I have earned enough money to sell my Lamborghini at an auction. I can munch on fruits and vegetables for survival after I am done tasting the most delicious non-vegetarian cuisines from the best restaurants in the world. I can stay in an ashram after I know what it is like to live in a mansion. I can dedicate my life towards the welfare of the society after I am enlightened by my personal experience that money is not everything in life. I have not come to that phase of my life. I am in a position where I think money is the VVIP pass to happiness. Even if I am wrong, I can be corrected later.

"A rich man is nothing but a poor man with money." - W. C. Fields.

This quote is bang on and highly relatable, I would love to be poor with money.

©songbriti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glimmer of Hope

Ways for Quacks to hide their scams related to mental healthcare on social media:

Ways to earn money for quacks in mental healthcare: